As a Lead Developer, you will be an active member of client project teams playing a hands-on role in producing client solutions. You are a self-motivated individual and take pride in enabling the project teams to deliver high-quality work within a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
You know what it means for a development team to work in an agile environment and have a strong understanding of the software development lifecycle.
You will be encouraged to continue to develop your skills, share your knowledge with team members and peers, and effectively lead a development stream on a project.
What will you be doing?
- You lead by example and are able to maintain a helicopter view of the solution, process and operation as well as dive into the details of a particular situation.
- You take a key position in defining and refining solutions from roadmap to product backlog. With that, you know how to align internal and external stakeholders, while taking the architectural boundaries into account.
- You support and nurture the development team so they can successfully deliver quality, pursue sprint commitment and find a balance between what is needed to keep the solution in a healthy state while growing the solution with new features.
- Occasionally, build POC’s and POT’s to reduce risk or simply pave the way for the development team.
- You do this within the context of composed architectures, integrating different commerce and CMS software platforms with backend interfaces using cloud-native solutions.
What do we expect from you?
- Working and thinking on an academic level
- At least 4 years of experience in cloud development
- Proven experience with leading one or more development teams
- Solid experience in modern languages and frameworks like Java, C#, Typescript, NodeJS and GoLang. Supporting a multitude of languages is preferable
- Knowledge of (and certification with) one or more cloud providers, and their services, like AWS, Azure or GCP
- Solid understanding of scaling, monitoring and logging in native cloud environments.
- Excellent English communication skills, both oral as well written
Not required but preferable
- Proven experience with setting up and maintaining continuous integration and delivery pipelines
- Proven experience with setting up, building and maintaining composed architectures
- Experience with infra-as-code solutions, like Terraform, CloudFormation or Azure DevOps
- Experience with SaaS or PaaS e-commerce and/or CMS platforms
Note to non-EU nationals: We require a valid work permit in one of the above-mentioned countries
What do we offer in return?
Good employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and room to develop yourself. How quickly your career progresses and how fast your salary grows depends entirely on you – with some help from your mentor, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you continue to develop yourself. In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider (in consultation with your mentor). And because work, learning and private life are increasingly entwined, you can arrange your working time flexibly to match your creative peaks.
Furthermore, you'll get this:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- Pension scheme
- Travel allowance (every colleague gets an NS Businesscard)
- Group health insurance
- Laptop and mobile phone
Feel free to contact me (Niels, Recruiter) via firstname.lastname@example.org, for more information regarding Valtech and our recruitment process.
Our recruitment process:
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair and transparent recruitment process. These are the different stages of which are outlined below:
- Application received
- CV/phone screening by Recruitment
- CV screening by Hiring Manager
- 1st interview*
- 2nd interview
*for some of our vacancies an assessment (after 1st interview) is part of our process
In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, all our interviews and assessments are taking place remotely (online via Teams).