We are currently seeking a motivated System Administrator, eager and prepared to jump right in.
As our new System Administrator you will become an integral part of the Global IT team, currently spanning 15 countries. However, your direct responsibilities will lie with the IT team in the Netherlands, which means you will work in close collaboration with your Dutch colleague to manage and maintain the server environment (Azure). The two of you will form a solid team and you’ll be essential to the smooth sailing of our agency’s workflow. That means you will provide first and second line support for Windows 10 and Mac OSX user-related questions and specific tools like O365, Dropbox, DUO (2FA) and supporting your colleague system administrator in laptop configuration
Valtech is an innovative and globally operating agency, providing plenty of opportunities to expand your digital horizon. Your ability and drive to take ownership is important to us. There are numerous global initiatives for you to join and if you’re truly ambitious, you could even spearhead their development. If you value independence and freedom to fulfill this role, we see ample room for your professional growth and welcome you to join us.
What will you be doing?
- Keeping the NL IT environment online
- Working on our internal (Global) IT systems with a cloud-first approach
- Supporting internal Valtech NL colleagues & answering their questions
- Working with a team of technicians all around the world
- Troubleshooting with your NL or Global IT colleagues
- Actively participating in NL or Global IT projects
- Supporting your colleague system administrator in laptop configuration
What do we expect from you?
- Completed university education or relevant certificates like Comptia Network+, MCSA or MCSE.
- At least 2-5 years relevant work experience.
- Experience with Windows 10, Mac OSX, Azure, O365, Microsoft AD.
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience in, managing Windows Server environments.
- Knowledge of networking concepts (firewalling, VPN, routing, etc.).
- Experience in managing applications and infrastructure for web environments.
- Ownership of everything you do and a team-oriented approach.
- Very good/excellent communication skills in English
- Communication skills in Dutch is a big plus
Nice to haves:
- Experience with PowerShell scripting
- Knowledge of major cloud solutions: Dropbox, Duo security
- Knowledge of Sophos Endpoint Security, Meraki
What do we offer in return?
Excellent employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and room to develop yourself. How quickly your career progresses and how fast your salary grows depends entirely on you – with some help from your team captain, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you to continually develop your skills and expertise. In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider (in consultation with your mentor). And because working, learning and our private lives are increasingly intertwined, you can organize your working hours flexibly.
Furthermore, you’ll get this:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- A pension plan
- Travel allowance (every colleague receives an NS Businesscard)
- A group health insurance
- A laptop and mobile phone
How does our recruitment process look like?
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair and transparent recruitment process. These are the different stages of which are outlined below:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment
3. CV screening by Hiring Manager
4. 1st interview*
5. 2nd interview 6. Offer
*for some of our vacancies an assessment (after 1st interview) is part of our process In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, all our interviews and assessments are taking place remotely (online via Teams)
Feel free to contact our recruiter Sharon via email@example.com or via Whatsapp 06-11 81 84 33 for more information regarding Valtech and our recruitment process.