Our Transformation Consulting Practice is rapidly growing, and therefore we are looking for (Senior) Commerce Strategy Consultants to join our ambitious team.
What will you be doing?
As a (Senior) Commerce Strategy Consultant, you will get the chance to drive the commercial success of these initiatives.
You will be a part of our client teams from day one while taking on hands-on roles at the same time. Most of those roles are related to various impact commerce programs for our clients. You are not ‘just’ satisfied pleased with delivering strategies., Aas a strategic counter-part of our team, you make sure that the execution of a particular project follows its initial strategy. We also expect you to be and are actively involved in achieving measurable results within the duration of the project.
Your activities range from facilitating large (remote) workshops with high-level stakeholders to delivering best and best-in-class practices for new commerce initiatives; from overseeing programs to running your strategic projects; from actively pursuing and leading new business development to play an active role in communicating our thought leadership.
As we are quickly expanding our commerce offerings, practices, and propositions, we are looking for candidates with a strong entrepreneurial and hands-on mindset that want to build and shape commerce at Valtech.
Your key responsibilities:
- Depending on your years of experience, you can deliver on the following:
- Set strategic and tactical direction on both project and account level
- Create new opportunities with both new as well as existing clients
- Research and apply the latest trends
- Create and lead the process from business challenges to their actual execution
- Connect with senior/C-level
- Connect across our various offerings such as design, development, user experience, content, and digital marketing
- Showcase the business value of everything that we do
- Marketing these practices to the outside world in the form of blogs, podcasts, speaking at events, etc.
What does your future team look like?
We are a mix of product strategists, corporate leaders, designers, management consultants and technical consultants. Each consulting engagement is delivered following these skill sets, and by working together with our clients.
This is a sample set of client questions we receive regularly :
- How to scale and commercialize a new digital service or product
- How to grow our commerce business
- How to go direct to consumer
- How to implement agile at scale throughout the full organization
- How to create, align and execute a new vision that drives digital maturity and growth
We have numerous real-life examples that answer these questions that we will share during the interviews.
More information about this amazing team?
What do we expect from you?
- Relevant working experience at A-brands in corporate strategy or management consultancy
- A proven track record of leading high business impact eCommerce programs, either with agency or client-side
- Bachelor or Master degree
- Entrepreneurial mindset to further shape commerce tactics across all service lines within Valtech
- Operational or business development experience is a plus, e.g., in a start-up, e-commerce, IT, or digital marketing
- Take ownership and drive projects forward
- A “transform by doing” mentality
- Preferred candidates have experience working with topics like E-commerce platforms, a marketplace strategy, E-commerce management & conversion optimization, or online merchandising & category management
What do we offer in return?
Excellent employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and plenty of room to develop yourself. How quickly your career and salary advance depends entirely on you – with some support from your manager, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you to continually develop your skills. In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider. And because work, learning and private life are increasingly intertwined, you can flexibly arrange your working hours to match your creative peaks.
Furthermore, you'll get this:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- Pension scheme
- Travel allowance (every colleague gets an NS Business card)
- Collective care insurance scheme
- Laptop and mobile phone
What does our recruitment process look like?
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair and transparent recruitment process.
Outlined below you can learn more about the different stages of our recruitment process:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment
3. CV screening by Hiring Manager
4. 1st interview*
5. 2nd interview
*for some of our vacancies an assessment (after 1st interview) is part of our process In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, all our interviews and assessments are taking place remotely (online via Teams)