Hey controller! Do budgets, forecasts and financial statements make your heart beat faster? Is ‘Analysis’ your middle name? And is the end of the month the time you really thrive? Then read on, because Valtech needs you!
What will you be doing?
As our new controller, you will spend most of your working hours on a timely and reliable month-end closing and the delivery of solid management information. But also drawing up budgets, forecasts and financial statements will be a big part of your job. Time for quarterly reviews and audit of the financial statement? You are the first point of contact for our external auditors. Besides that, you support your colleagues with financial issues. And do you see a way to optimize a financial process? Great! We value your ideas and input a whole lot.
We know you are all about the numbers. This is how you job looks like in percentages:
- 45% month-end closing
- 25% prepare estimates, forecasts and financial statement
- 10% accountant tasks
- 15% optimization financial processes
- 5% other
What do we expect from you?
An impeccable sense for numbers – but that shouldn’t come as a surprise to you. Next to this, we ask the following from you:
- You have completed a financial study at HBO or WO level, like Business Economics, Business Administration, Controlling or Accountancy
- You have good analytical skills
- You have an affinity with data and IT in combination with finance
- You have at least 3 years of relevant work experience
- You have excellent MS-Office knowledge and skills
- Knowledge of AFAS & Power BI is a plus
- You have affinity with the digital work field
- You have good set of writing and speaking skills (both in Dutch and English)
- You are a quick thinker, flexible, independent, responsible, self-reliant, proactive and reliable
- You are available for a minimum of 32 hours per week
- You don’t mind working (partly) from home – at least while the Covid-19 measures last
* Note to non-EU nationals: we require a valid workpermit and residency in the Netherlands.
What do we offer in return?
Excellent employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and plenty of room to develop yourself. How quickly your career and salary advance depends entirely on you – with some support from your manager, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you to continually develop your skills. In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider. And because work, learning and private life are increasingly intertwined, you can flexibly arrange your working hours to match your creative peaks.
Furthermore, you'll get this:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- Pension scheme
- Travel allowance (every colleague gets an NS Business card)
- Collective care insurance scheme
- Laptop and mobile phone
What does our recruitment process look like?
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair and transparent recruitment process.
Outlined below you can learn more about the different stages of our recruitment process:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment
3. CV screening by Hiring Manager
4. 1st interview*
5. 2nd interview
*for some of our vacancies an assessment (after 1st interview) is part of our process In light of the COVID-19 pandemic, all our interviews and assessments are taking place remotely (online via Teams)