Valtech is a global digital agency that focuses on business transformation for our clients. Founded in 1993, Valtech has established itself as one of the largest independent global agency groups with more than 4,000 exceptional individuals operating out of 40+ offices in 18 countries. We work with some of the world’s best-known brands from travel to retail, connected experiences to automotive and we’re now ready to bring on even more talented colleagues to join us.
We believe diversity is essential to creating the best digital products & experiences. Valtech is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment where all employees and candidates are treated with dignity and respect and that is free of bias, prejudice, and harassment. We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, ethnicity, citizenship, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
As Valtech’s security team lead you will have significant experience with running a security team and will be able to provide both technical guidance and operational oversight. You will work cooperatively with business leaders and their teams to build a secure workplace for a globally growing agile business.
You are familiar with leading industry security frameworks and controls (NIST, ISO 27001, SOC2, GDPR, HIPAA, TISAX) and cybersecurity best practices from leading industry leaders such as Microsoft, Cisco, Cloudflare etc. You are a strategic thinker with proven technical hands-on experience and able to effectively communicate your knowledge, support colleagues and company leaders.
- Help to design, implement, and maintain the organization’s cyber-security plan.
- Build an effective cybersecurity team by defining roles and responsibilities, recruiting, training and overseeing the direction of this team
- Coordinate both strategic initiatives like improvement and automation of SecOps processes, as well as operational tasks like technical analyses or anomaly detection and security event handling.
- Support your team hands-on with all tasks and contribute to the best possible outcome with your know-how, input and ideas.
- Raise security awareness within the whole organization on all levels and ensure the necessary support and acceptance for your topics. You regularly collaborate with both technical and business stakeholders.
- Guide your colleagues in the team on their technical and personal development journey. You create personal development plans and also recruit new members of the team.
- You completed a technical degree or have comparable education. You have a multiple-year experience with IT Security and are already able to deliver strategic improvements in varied environments.
- You have profound experience with SecOps / Blue Team / Red Team topics like detection, defense and handling of security incidents in a modern and highly scalable distributed IT infrastructure.
- You have a track record of successfully leading teams towards the goal under challenging conditions. Disciplinary leadership experience is a plus.
- You are well versed in a broad range of technical topics, including networks, communication protocols, operating systems and distributed web-based systems. You are fluent in scripting languages such as Python, Shell Scripting and Windows PowerShell.
- You have a solid overview of the current security best practices and standards. Optimally you are also well connected to the international security community.
- You incorporate a growth mindset; you are a continuous learner of both technical and personal topics. You are a true team player, always leading by example. You're comfortable with leading projects and stakeholders efficiently also in stressful situations.
What do we offer in return?
Good employment terms and conditions, a competitive salary and room to develop yourself. How quickly your career progresses and how fast your salary grows depends entirely on you – with some help from your mentor, of course. Our internal Academy will also help you continue to develop yourself. In addition, you can also follow a work-related educational program with an external provider (in consultation with your mentor). And because work, learning and private life are increasingly entwined, you can arrange your working time flexibly to match your creative peaks.
The contract details differ per country.
When employed in the Netherlands you'll get this:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- Pension scheme
- Travel allowance (every colleague gets an NS Businesscard)
- Group health insurance
- Laptop and mobile phone