As a Senior Front-end Developer at Valtech you deliver the best end-user experience, using all the tools and technologies that are available in our fast-evolving community. Whether your website or application is being used on a pc or mobile device, you know how to take performance to a higher level. This role is on-site and will require being based in the Netherlands or willing to relocate.
What will you be doing?
What do we expect from you?
- At least 6 years of relevant experience, preferably in a similar environment such as a digital agency
- Working as a FED lead in a client-facing role able to work independently and make critical decisions
- A guide to your craft and buddy for medior and junior colleagues to help them grow
- Strong focus on the technical implementation of frontend solutions
- Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools (Jest, Cypress, Git, Webpack, Node.js, NPM)
- Interested in modern development approaches and technologies, such as MACH/Jamstack, SPA, (POST)(S)CSS(-in-JS), JS/Typescript, HTML
- Familiar with CI/CD, DevOps, microservices
- You have experience in solving cross-browser compatibility and client-side performance issues
- You are familiar with Agile and Scrum
- You're proficient in English both spoken and written and if you speak Dutch this is an added bonus
If you think you don’t tick all the boxes, or are a lone wolf looking for peers to expand your horizon, you are more than welcome to apply. The first conversation is about getting to know each other, so no technical deep dive yet.
What can you expect from us?
- A job at a fast-growing international company, that is constantly evolving. You’ll never be bored!
- A comprehensive onboarding program through our internal Academy
- An international environment that respects diversity, equality and individuality
- Freedom and opportunities to develop your hard and soft skills with some help from your team captain and our Academy
- A hybrid workplace: flexibility to combine working at home with working at one of our 4 offices
In addition, you’ll get:
- 25 vacation days. Want more? You can buy up to 10 days extra
- Travel allowance (every colleague receives an NS Business Card)
- A laptop and mobile phone
- Work-from-home budget of € 55- per month
- A budget to make your workplace at home more comfortable
- A refer-a-friend scheme with up to € 1.150,-
What does our recruitment process look like?
We strive to provide our candidates with a simple, fair and transparent recruitment process.
Outlined below, you can learn more about the different stages of our recruitment process:
1. Application received
2. CV/phone screening by Recruitment
3. CV screening by Hiring Manager
4. 1st (online) interview
5. 2nd (online) interview
*for some of our vacancies, an assessment or case is part of our process.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Valtech, we’re here to engineer experiences that work and reach every single person. To do this, we are proactive about creating workplaces that work for every person at Valtech. Our goal is to create an equitable workplace which gives people from all backgrounds the support they need to thrive, grow and meet their goals (whatever they may be). You can find out more about what we’re doing to create a Valtech for everyone here.
Please do not worry if you do not meet all of the criteria or if you have some gaps in your CV. We’d love to hear from you and see if you’re our next member of the Valtech team!